The Skills You Need to Succeed
Being a new manager can be daunting. There are many new expectations that require NEW skills.
You have your own set of expectations as well, such as:
- You expect to continue to be successful even if you've never done this before
- You want to set actionable goals for your teams
- You want to create a great work culture where people do their best work
- You want to be able to handle difficult conversations with ease and maximum impact
- You want to……(fill in the rest)
Who is EvolveU For?
Our leadership series is uniquely designed for up and coming leaders who have recently been promoted into their first management role. This experience will set you on a path to leadership excellence so that you build trust as a leader from the start.
What to Expect
Each session is live, in-person, and led by an instructor who brings valuable content to life through instruction and group exercises.
Because the sessions are live, you have the opportunity to implement new techniques, get feedback from a certified coach, and up your learning in real-time. You’ll also be able to engage with your peers and build relationships that continue beyond the EvolveU experience.
You will apply key leadership concepts to real-world scenarios through interactive activities and quickly bring your leadership style to the next level. This is a great opportunity to develop a solid foundation of leadership skills so that you can build amazing teams that get results.
Where: Silver Spring Civic Center, 1 Veterans Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910
May Sessions: May 8 & May 16, 8:30AM – 12:00PM
You’ll learn to:
Communicate effectively as a leader
Learn how to delegate effectively
Master the art of giving impactful feedback
Utilize coaching techniques to grow and develop your employees
Manage Conflict Effectively
Build and maintain positive relationships
Mastering these skills will ensure that you step into your first leadership role prepared to face the challenges and demands that are inherent with being a new leader.
You’ll learn how to inspire and influence others so that your team is aligned and productive. No more restless nights wondering how you or your team is going to survive.
EvolveU will help you thrive, not just survive, in your new role.
What Will I Learn In Each Session?
- You’ll broaden your knowledge of prominent leadership styles and theories so that you can add proven leadership competencies to your toolkit.
- You’ll be introduced to the EVOLVE Leadership Framework which is a guide on how to develop yourself and others. You can lead others more effectively once you've successfully mastered the art of leading yourself.
- You’ll articulate your personal leadership brand so that you know exactly how you want others to see you and how to make that happen. Your leadership brand will serve as a guidepost for all future learning, experiences and opportunities.
- You’ll learn how to build your emotional intelligence so that you can manage up, down and across with ease. These relationship-building skills will establish you as the person to go to when others need to get things done, get inspiration, or solve problems.
- You’ll become more effective at talent development which results in retention, engagement and commitment from your team.
- You will explore the difference between leading and coaching so that you know when to lead and when to coach.
- You will gain familiarity with proven professional coaching techniques. This will help you grow and develop your team members.
- You will learn and practice a more effective way to engage your team using encouraging dialogue that clarifies exactly what they need to do to be a successful, contributing team member. This will boost their performance 10-fold.
- You will learn how to delegate fearlessly. Many new leaders hesitate to delegate for fear that the work will be subpar, late or not done at all. EvolveU offers a way to delegate with assurance so that you are no longer burdened with work that your team is capable of handling.
About the Creator and Facilitator of EvolveU
EvolveU Leadership is taught by executive coach Jackie Kindall, a 28 year leadership veteran that has helped organizations create smarter developmental strategies and excellent corporate cultures. She is an expert at training and coaching leaders to be more effective, develop powerful team dynamics, and get results.
Connect with Jackie on LinkedIn to learn more about her background and experience.
What Makes EvolveU Leadership Unique?
COACHING: Unlike other leadership training programs, EvolveU participants receive leadership training AND COACHING from a certified professional coach. Executive coaching is typically reserved for more senior level C-suite leaders even though coaching and development in the early stages of a leader's career can have a significant impact. We are thrilled to be able to provide this opportunity.
ACCOUNTABILITY: You will learn new skills that you are expected to implement immediately. Your coach will be your accountability partner as you test out your new skills in the work place.
REAL TIME PRACTICE AND FEEDBACK: You will have the opportunity to role play, engage in small group discussions, practice and receive feedback during each session.
What Others are Saying About EvolveU Leadership
Space in the EvolveU Leadership series is extremely limited since classes are intentionally kept small for maximum learning potential. Register today to reserve your spot for these exciting, career-building workshops - all spaces are first come, first served.
Where: Silver Spring Civic Center, Veterans Plaza, 1 Veterans Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910
When: May 8 & May 16, 8:30AM – 12:00PM
Cost: Early Bird registration is $397 when you register by April 16. Cost is $597 register after April 16. Registration closes on April 24.
Continental breakfast will be served at each event.